Subject: bug#45066: guix environment --container is borken

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 01:52:23 +0100

Hi Marius,

On Sun, 06 Dec 2020 at 22:02, Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Have you tried the recommendation?

> It was broken.  :-)

[...]

> ...because this only works on the Debian kernel.

Therefore, what does the recommendation mean?  From [1] on Guix System:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
~/co/guix (master)$ guix environment -C guix
guix environment: error: cannot create container: unprivileged user cannot create user namespaces
guix environment: error: please set /proc/sys/kernel/unprivileged_userns_clone to "1"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

1: <https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]>

> We need to find a more robust test for user namespaces, but for now I
> reverted the commit.

How do you «set /proc/sys/kernel/unprivileged_userns_clone to "1"» on
Guix System?

BTW, reverting means reopen #31977; I did.

All the best,
simon