Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Set environment variables for GTK+ input methods via profile startup files

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 13:40:06 +0800

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>

Hello, Guix!

To use GTK+ input methods, currently we need set
‘GUIX_GTK2_IM_MODULE_FILE’ and ‘GUIX_GTK3_IM_MODULE_FILE’ manually in
.xsession or .bash_profile, we also having a patch [1] that set them
for gnome via ‘gnome-desktop-service-type’.  But I think the right
place to set them is the ‘gtk-im-modules’ profile hook, so the first
patch make ‘etc/profile’ source files in ‘etc/profile.d/*.sh’, and the
second patch add ‘etc/profile.d/gtk2-im-modules.sh’ and
‘etc/profile.d/gtk3-im-modules.sh’.  The first patch is also useful
for packages that provide profile startup files (eg: nix).

Thanks!

[1] <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/44354>

Sou Bunnbu (宋文武) (2):
  profiles: Load application specific startup files.
  profiles: gtk-im-modules: Set environment variables for input methods.

 guix/build/profiles.scm | 13 ++++++++++++-
 guix/profiles.scm       | 12 ++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2