Subject: bug#45056: 28.0.50; lexical-let doesn't work with returned closures on nativecomp

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 21:28:12 +0000

"Mark A. Hershberger" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just spent some time attempting to create a minimal test case using a
> new user and some stripped down init.el, but couldn't reproduce it.
>
> For now, I'm going to have to assume that the problem I'm seeing with
> the lexical-let is a side-effect of some other problems my nativecomp
> emacs is exhibiting (use-packages are acting funny).

Hi Mark,

thanks for checking.

The lexical-let is not creating a real closure or anything else bizarre
from a compiler prespective, so I'd be surprised if we misscompile it.
If you see an overall different behaviour I'd bet on something else.

My suggestion would be to close this bug an open a new dedicated one
when we a get a reproducer to investigate on?

As you prefer.

Thanks

  Andrea