Subject: bug#45056: 28.0.50; lexical-let doesn't work with returned closures on nativecomp

From: "Mark A. Hershberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 13:57:21 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 5, 2020, at 4:21 PM, Mark A. Hershberger [email-masked] wrote:

>> have you checked if this behavior is common to the non native build?
> 
> I can compile a non-native build and verify that the problem goes away.  I'll
> report back when it is done.

Compiled a non-native emacs and it did not exhibit this bug.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-12-05 built on silk
Repository revision: fc54c835181eb88a748d2fd49b7a4c78b9fe82ee
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --with-xwidgets --with-gconf --with-cairo
 --with-json --with-nativecomp --with-imagemagick'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE
HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM
MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

(Note that my compilation script used --with-nativecomp but, since it is using
master instead of the nativecomp branch, NATIVE_COMP is missing from the
"Configured features" list.)