Subject: Re: bug#45041: 27.1; Emacs hangs if the cited message contains some specific text

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 15:47:03 +0100

Pratyush Yadav <[email-masked]> writes:

> I use Gnus to read from the NNTP server over at nntp.lore.kernel.org on
> the group org.kernel.vger.git. When I opened one particular message on
> the group today Emacs froze up completely. top reported 100% CPU usage
> from it. This went on for a couple minutes until I hit C-g. The message
> that triggered this has Message-id
> <CAN05THQGqV4hP218hb3QXjJhQbbBCDRHgf=PAty=[email-masked]>
> and subject "Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Outreachy] Internship blog 2020"

I'm unable to reproduce this problem, so I'm guessing it's something in
your settings that's triggering it?

Try

(setq debug-on-quit t)

and then post the resulting backtrace when you hit `C-g'.  That should
tell us what's triggering this.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no