Subject: bug#45038: 27.1; blank display

From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 22:33:32 -0500

Please see screen shots at http://jovi.net/Emacs-Bug
of a Heisenbug I never saw until maybe a year ago.
Now I see it every day or so.  Hope this helps.

		Peace
			--Devon

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 
Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
  of 2020-08-12 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.6

Configured using:
  'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
  Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
  Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_BE@currency=USD.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   global-so-long-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   gud-tooltip-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/devon/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.24/slime-autoloads 
hides /Users/devon/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20200711.1419/slime-autoloads
/Users/devon/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.24/slime-tests 
hides /Users/devon/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20200711.1419/slime-tests
/Users/devon/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.24/slime hides 
/Users/devon/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20200711.1419/slime
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/frame hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/frame
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-macs 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/cl-macs
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/mail/sendmail hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/sendmail
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/forms hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/forms
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/mail/hashcash hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/hashcash
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/inf-lisp 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/inf-lisp
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/dired-aux hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/dired-aux
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/json hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/json
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/shr hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/shr
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/replace hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/replace
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/sgml-mode 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/sgml-mode
/Users/devon/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.24/slime hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/slime
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/comint hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/comint
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/play/morse hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/morse
/Users/devon/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-repl-ansi-color-20190426.1414/slime-repl-ansi-color 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/slime-repl-ansi-color
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/xml hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/xml
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/regexp-opt 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/regexp-opt
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/advice 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/advice
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/lisp 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/lisp
/Users/devon/.emacs.d/elpa/csv-mode-1.7/csv-mode hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/csv-mode
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/picture 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/picture
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/xref 
hides /Users/devon/emacs/xref
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/rect hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/rect
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/lpr hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/lpr
/Applications/Emacs-27.1.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-ftp hides 
/Users/devon/emacs/tramp-ftp

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail play-sound wdired mm-archive message
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode gnutls url-http mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw url-cache
url-auth epg epg-config ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs mode-local
octave asm-mode tcl verilog-mode make-mode tar-mode rng-xsd xsd-regexp
rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok smerge-mode diff sh-script executable
flyspell follow goto-addr so-long descr-text filecache grep doc-view
image-mode exif ruby-mode two-column conf-mode bug-reference macrostep-c
cmacexp libgl-doc eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe edebug
pulse perl-mode mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url gnus nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history mailcap shr text-property-search url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util svg xml color js moz cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs vc-git
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit lisp-cycle jka-compr gcl-info
reposition cl-indent rcirc python-mode cal-move tramp-cache tramp-sh
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
parse-time iso8601 format-spec markdown-mode network-stream puny nsm rmc
slime-media server help-fns radix-tree cl-print debug view tabify man
dired-aux time-date add-log hosts hosts-config windmove ls-lisp dired-x
time slime-repl-ansi-color slime-pale slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl elp slime-parse slime
derived hi-lock lisp-mnt gud apropos compile arc-mode archive-mode
noutline outline pp hyperspec thingatpt quote mouse-thing lzx iso-transl
greek-keys which-func imenu new rect shell pcomplete bucky cl-extra
macosx sort etags fileloop generator xref project compare-w diff-mode
easy-mmode paren advice sgml-mode dom dired dired-loaddefs info-look
ispell disp-table edmacro kmacro supersub rx comint ansi-color ring
finder-inf backtrace help-mode find-func appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl info slime-autoloads package easymenu
browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3330771 1052079)
  (symbols 48 56587 4)
  (strings 32 417438 39533)
  (string-bytes 1 15868278)
  (vectors 16 95991)
  (vector-slots 8 2237889 397302)
  (floats 8 453 968)
  (intervals 56 427189 42799)
  (buffers 1000 215))