Subject: bug#45038: 27.1; blank display

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 14:02:03 +0200

> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 10:53:22 +0000
> From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
> 	Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
> 
> > > I think this is a known problem already solved in the repository.  can
> > > you try building the latest emacs-27 branch?
> > 
> > I could have sworn I saw this the other week on master.  If you
> > believe it is fixed, then perhaps I was using an old version at the
> > time.  Please ignore me for now, I'll report back if I see it again.
> 
> It should be fixed on master, but not in any version of Emacs 27. It's
> a large change so was never back ported.

If it isn't reasonable to release Emacs 27.2 with this problem, we may
wish backporting the change even though it is large.

How easy is it to bump into this problem, and is there an easy
workaround when you do?