Subject: Re: bug#45032: 26.3; json-pretty-print of JSON with dict containing 't' as a key causes error

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 14:39:45 +0100

Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Sorry, I was unclear -- I'm not saying the old and the new functions
>> should be compatible, only that there should be functions that can round
>> trip via JSON->Elisp->JSON and get identical results back.
>>
>> Is that the case today?
>
> You mean something like (json-serialize (json-parse-string ...))? I'd
> hope that's indeed the case to the furthest extent possible. There are
> cases where roundtripping is impossible (parsing ignores whitespace,
> field order, and duplicate keys), but otherwise I'd hope these
> functions are inverses of each other. Or is there a case where they
> aren't?

No, the confusion is on my part -- I somehow assumed that
json-pretty-print had been converted to use the new C functions, but
it's using the old, non-consistent json.el functions instead.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no