Subject: Re: bug#45031: qoauth fail install/build

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 23:28:59 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for the report. Well, something is wrong but it is not easy to
spot out what.  For example, the history shows,

<https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/qoauth/output-history>

that something in the qtbase or qca dependencies is going wrong.  Trying
to locally build with,

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
for ci in $(git log --format="%H %s" | grep qtbase | head -5 | cut -f1 -d' '); \
do
   guix time-machine --commit=$ci \
        -- build qoauth --no-grafts ;
done
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

does not build easily.  I am trying to figure out why.

In the meantime, if you absolutely need the package qoauth, it is
avaible with:

   guix time-machine --commit=ec944bdd -- install qoauth

but the substitute is not available, so it will burn a bit of CPU. 

Thanks,
simon