Subject: [bug#45020] [PATCH 0/2] image: Add system field.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 12:27:41 +0200

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 11:15:32AM +0100, Mathieu Othacehe wrote:
> 
> Hello Efraim,
> 
> > I'm not sure about i686-linux being an efi-raw type. I always assumed
> > they were all not EFI.
> 
> The "efi-raw" image type is actually an hybrid image type supporting EFI
> and BIOS legacy boot methods.
> 
> Maybe we should then rename "raw" to "bios-efi-raw" or
> "bios-efi-hybrid-raw", what do you think?

My hope is to eventually produce an image for mips64el again, which
would need an ext2 formatted /boot partition. I'm hoping to make it not
too hard to hack that in in the future :)

Perhaps it makes sense to name them according to the architecture more?
we have arm32-raw and aarch64-raw, how about i686-raw and x86_64-raw?
Make it clear exactly what architecures they target. Then we can
continue with the hybrid bios/efi images anyway.

> Thanks,
> Mathieu

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted