Subject: [bug#45011] [PATCH] add emacs-project and dependency

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 15:53:12 +0100

Hello,

Jonathan <[email-masked]> writes:

> The descriptions are the ones found in their project's homepage.

Well, sometimes, even upstream descriptions need to be reworded.

> I can't think of a better synopsis for Project since it provides
> several functions to operate on a project directory... Do you have
> a suggestion?.

Unfortunately, no. My concern is that I don't know what this package is
about, and the synopsis doesn't help me finding it out. Maybe the term
"project" is too vague.

Note that the synopsis must fit on a single line, and is not a full
sentence. You may want to run "guix lint" on your package definition.

Also, I suggest to remove the big note at the beginning of each
description. It may make sense as a foreword in a project home page, but
I don't think it does when describing the software.

> Which patch do you want first? emacs-xref is needed for emacs-project. Do
> you want me to send emacs-xref first?

Sure.

I see you send new patches. Could you integrate the suggestion above,
and include a proper commit message, like the following:

    gnu: Add emacs-xref.

    * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-xref): New variable.

?

Thanks!

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou