Subject: bug#45010: closed (Re: bug#45010: 28.0.50; feature/native-comp crash)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 19:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#45010: 28.0.50; feature/native-comp crash

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45010: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45010
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#45010: 28.0.50; feature/native-comp crash
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: "Kirill A. Korinsky" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "Kirill A. Korinsky via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 19:11:30 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Kirill A. Korinsky" <[email-masked]> writes:

> confirmed!

Great, closing.

Thanks!

  Andrea

Subject: 28.0.50; feature/native-comp crash
From: "Kirill A. Korinsky" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 17:09:15 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Good day!

I discovered a code that crashes native-comp feature.

elisp code:

(setq )

The crash on macOS:
https://gist.github.com/catap/2264207f0cc4b2c196221eff688a50d3

My local git root: 6523b8401519a29ca0aefaf44c3dfa36f681f64e

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.1.0, NS appkit-2022.10 Version 11.0.1 (Build 20B50))
of 2020-11-30 built on MacBook-Pro.sa31-cbt.catap.net
Repository revision: 949b49cf771e8f38b23adb3fa4f9d7a9a5e290da
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.0.1

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-silent-rules --without-dbus
--without-gconf --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-gmp
--with-gnutls --with-json --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir
/opt/local/share/info/emacs --with-ns --with-lcms2 --without-harfbuzz
--without-imagemagick --without-xaw3d --with-nativecomp --with-rsvg
--with-xwidgets 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk -arch
x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-no_pie
-Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk
-arch x86_64''

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM NS MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS XWIDGETS JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Elisp

Minor modes in effect:
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  highlight-quoted-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  highlight-numbers-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  flycheck-popup-tip-mode: t
  flyspell-lazy-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  highlight-indent-guides-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  global-undo-fu-session-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-mode: t
  undo-fu-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  better-jumper-mode: t
  better-jumper-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  solaire-global-mode: t
  solaire-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ns-auto-titlebar-mode: t
  +popup-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail image-file image-converter cdlatex
texmathp org-element avl-tree ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info
ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus nnheader ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m overseer pkg-info epl core-cli finder-inf
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads straight-autoloads straight
info autoload radix-tree lisp-mnt flycheck-cask eros highlight-quoted
footnote tabify dabbrev company-files rainbow-delimiters
highlight-numbers parent-mode company-shell sh-script smie executable
osx-trash dired-aux diredfl dired-x amx mail-extr flyspell-correct-ivy
flyspell-correct company-ispell company-yasnippet diff-hl-flydiff vc-mtn
vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs bug-reference
diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
goto-addr hide-mode-line magit-extras magit-gitflow company-dabbrev
misearch multi-isearch anzu git-gutter-fringe fringe-helper git-gutter
vc-git jka-compr auto-minor-mode disp-table whitespace
flycheck-popup-tip popup flyspell-lazy flyspell ispell writegood-mode
display-fill-column-indicator vi-tilde-fringe display-line-numbers
highlight-indent-guides smartparens-markdown markdown-mode edit-indirect
hl-line winner paren smartparens-config smartparens-org smartparens-text
smartparens ws-butler mm-archive network-stream url-cache emojify
apropos tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode ht undo-fu-session undo-fu
flycheck saveplace so-long counsel-projectile cursor-sensor ffap tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp gcmh which-key better-jumper company-capf
company etags fileloop generator ivy-xref ivy-avy avy ivy-rich counsel
xdg swiper ivy ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color xref project
volatile-highlights magit-todos pcre2el rxt re-builder hl-todo org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs github-review ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub url-http
url-gw nsm url-auth let-alist gnutls deferred a magit-autoloads
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash
magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode
lv core-packages package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse url-vars git-commit transient format-spec
magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source password-cache json map time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async shell pcomplete
doom-snippets doom-snippets-lib yasnippet elisp-mode savehist recentf
tree-widget wid-edit face-remap server autorevert filenotify
persistent-soft list-utils pcache eieio-compat eieio-base eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs font-utils unicode-fonts doom-themes-ext-org
doom-themes-ext-treemacs solaire-mode doom-one-theme doom-themes
doom-themes-base desktop frameset dtrt-indent advice doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path
f s all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize dash
delsel projectile grep compile text-property-search comint ansi-color
ring ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt smartparens-lua
ns-auto-titlebar derived core-editor core-projects core-ui edmacro
kmacro easy-mmode comp comp-cstr warnings rx core-keybinds pp general
cl-extra help-mode easymenu cl-seq use-package-core core-modules cl
tex-site core core-lib cl-macs cl-loaddefs cl-lib subr-x chemacs seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face pcase macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa
ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 909897 176803)
(symbols 48 51158 1)
(strings 32 243753 34131)
(string-bytes 1 8560662)
(vectors 16 123138)
(vector-slots 8 4454125 189790)
(floats 8 1491 1811)
(intervals 56 11555 5064)
(buffers 984 53))

--
wbr, Kirill