Subject: Re: [bug#45000] [PATCH 0/9] Build git-annex with assistant webapp enabled

From: Jonathan Frederickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 20:56:29 -0500

On 12/3/20 3:52 PM, Timothy Sample wrote
> With respect to the patches, I managed to apply them all, build all of
> the packages, and run the assistant, so that’s good!  However, most of
> the packages are more recent then the versions given in the Stackage LTS
> Haskell 14.27 list <https://www.stackage.org/lts-14.27>, which we follow
> to maintain a consistent package set.  Please see
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2020-12/msg00086.html>
> for an explanation.  (The short version is that the problem is not
> really your fault but rather the fault of our tools suggesting at every
> turn to do the wrong thing.)  All of the packages except ghc-hjsmin and
> ghc-cryptonite-conduit are too recent
> 
> Would you mind sending an updated patch set with the LTS Haskell 14.27
> versions?  As of recently, if you run “guix lint” on Haskell packages it
> will warn you if the version is wrong and suggest the correct version.

Oh, oops! Thanks for letting me know. I used the Hackage importer, but I 
suppose using the Stackage importer would've been a better starting point?

Anyway, I can make these changes, but... I noticed the thread you linked 
to about adding hledger-web includes some of the same dependencies! 
Would you suggest that I just go ahead and fix my patch series, and 
we'll deal with any conflicts as they come up?

> Besides that, there are a few minor issues in the descriptions.  Mostly
> incomplete sentences.  It’s not a big deal as they are easy enough to
> fix at commit time.  However, if you are going to update the patches
> anyway...  :)

Got it, I'll update those as well.