Subject: bug#44999: closed (Re: bug#44999: guix deploy Error reading from the channel)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 17:02:01 +0000

Your bug report

#44999: guix deploy Error reading from the channel

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44999: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44999
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44999: guix deploy Error reading from the channel
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 19:01:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <[email-masked]> skribis:

> With more recent Guix version the error is slightly different.
>
> I think we could close this issue.
>
> I will open a new one later.

Alright, closing this one.

Ludo’.

Subject: guix deploy Error reading from the channel
From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 01:14:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guixters,

I am trying to deploy a system on DigitalOcean droplet using `guix
deploy`. But I am facing the following issue :

   $ guix deploy ynm-machine-declaration.scm 
   La (1) machine suivante sera déployée :
     ynm

   guix deploy: déploiement vers ynm...
   ;;; [2020/12/02 00:15:48.683027, 0] read_from_channel_port: [GSSH
   ERROR] Error reading from the channel: #<unknown channel (freed)
   7f3ca3ef80a0>

Then I decided to Ctrl-C the process.

Sometimes I did ssh to the target to see if I can see proof that things
were doing ok (for example if the infect script is created in the tmp
directory...). And I noticed I had to delete the ssh key of the target
on my laptop to ssh again...

   ssh-keygen -f "/home/jeko/.ssh/known_hosts" -R "159.89.21.175"

Then, on the target machine guix seems to be installed. I am able to
run `guix pull`. But the packages I wanted to be globally installed
were missing.

On the laptop I deployed from:

   $ guix --version
   guix (GNU Guix) d848b6caab973f6191143360ca53787a19c5e6e4
   Copyright © 2020 les auteurs de Guix
   Licence GPLv3+ : GNU GPL version 3 ou ultérieure <
   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.fr.html>
   Ceci est un logiciel libre : vous êtes libre de le modifier et de le
   redistribuer.
   Il n'y a AUCUNE GARANTIE, dans les limites permises par la loi.

On the droplet after guix pull:

   # guix --version
   guix (GNU Guix) 04b83678653fda3c66e600e88f54f5108290ec1c
   Copyright (C) 2020 the Guix authors
   License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <
   http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
   This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
   There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

I have no clue how to provide more info (logs, traces, …) but I would
be very happy to do so if anyone can lead me a bit on that.

Cheers,

Jeko