Subject: bug#44999: guix deploy Error reading from the channel

From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 14:20:49 +0100

Hey Ludo' !

Thank you for asking !

I apologize to have not taken the time to investigate on this
(understand: put 'pk' commands everywhere haha. I don't know what else
to do).

Just did a retry. The command line still hangs with :

   $ guix deploy ynm-droplet-declaration.scm 
   La (1) machine suivante sera déployée :
     kitchen

   guix deploy: déploiement vers kitchen...

The droplet is created with the right hostname (kitchen in ynm / 1 GB
Memory  / 25 GB Disk  / FRA1 - Debian 9 x64)

So I SSH to the machine and ran some commands :

$ ssh [email-masked] -p 22 -i /home/jeko/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
The authenticity of host '165.22.28.15 (165.22.28.15)' can't be
established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is
SHA256:7dACwKdFtebnZB/vs/pMcChgsp3yoITOvATZFtXki+c.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no/[fingerprint])?
yes
Warning: Permanently added '165.22.28.15' (ECDSA) to the list of known
hosts.
Linux kitchen 4.9.0-13-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.228-1 (2020-07-05)
x86_64

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free
software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
# ls /root/
guix-binary-1.0.1.x86_64-linux.tar.xz
# ls /tmp/
guix-infect.sh	var
# guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 1.0.1
Copyright (C) 2019 the Guix authors
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <
http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

While I was writing this message, I've been disconnected from SSH

   root@kitchen:~# Connection to 165.22.28.15 closed by remote host.
   Connection to 165.22.28.15 closed.

And the following trace appeared on the hanging deploy command

   ;;; [2020/12/17 14:10:55.445770, 0] read_from_channel_port: [GSSH
   ERROR] Error reading from the channel: #<unknown channel (freed)
   7f2cf28b86c0>

If I want to SSH again to the machine, I get this message :

   $ ssh [email-masked] -p 22 -i /home/jeko/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
   @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
   @    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
   @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
   IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
   Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle
   attack)!
   It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
   The fingerprint for the ECDSA key sent by the remote host is
   SHA256:52FacP3UGfdq4zggEVW5cbCzlbqSepkZhki5qMo0bnQ.
   Please contact your system administrator.
   Add correct host key in /home/jeko/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of
   this message.
   Offending ECDSA key in /home/jeko/.ssh/known_hosts:36
     remove with:
     ssh-keygen -f "/home/jeko/.ssh/known_hosts" -R "165.22.28.15"
   ECDSA host key for 165.22.28.15 has changed and you have requested
   strict checking.
   Host key verification failed.

That's all I can bring on the table right know ! 

To be continued…

Jérémy