Subject: Re: bug#44997: Flatpaks are invisible to application launchers

From: Olivier Rojon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2025 04:15:18 +0000

Hej,

I understand it has been some time since this issue has been opened and I suppose that in
the meantime, the mentioned Flatpak update has already taken place (quite presumptuous, I
know ;-)).

However, on my end, it is still the case that the directories
'/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share' and '/home/hapster/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share'
are not exported which results in them not being shown in applications launchers such as
the one incorporated in the GNOME Shell.

Is it possible there now is a solution that does not incorporate adding search paths to
the package?  Because if there isn't, I don't see why the package should not be altered in
order to just export those paths -- it seems like a solution that is much cleaner than me
exporting them in shell init files or in the guix home environment.

Have a good day :)

John Kehayias <[email-masked]> writes:

> I agree this should be exported by the flatpak package. I haven't hit any other packages
> putting anything in /etc/profile.d, though that does happen I know (so perhaps Guix should
> incorporate or patch such things?). Flatpak is also due for an update soon I think, so
> that would be a good time to make the modification perhaps.