Subject: bug#44992: Use of uninitialized value $macro in exists at /usr/bin/automake line 5268, <GEN0> line 1

From: Łukasz "HaRRy[LP]" S. <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 16:12:55 +0100

Hi,

I've got:
```
running: automake -a
Use of uninitialized value $macro in exists at /usr/bin/automake line 5268,
<GEN0> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value $macro in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/bin/automake line 5268, <GEN0> line 1.
automake: error: unrequested trace ''
automake: Please contact <[email-masked]>.
 at /usr/share/automake-1.16/Automake/Channels.pm line 662, <GEN0> line 1.
      Automake::Channels::msg("automake", "", "unrequested trace ''")
called at /usr/share/automake-1.16/Automake/ChannelDefs.pm line 212
      Automake::ChannelDefs::prog_error("unrequested trace ''") called at
/usr/bin/automake line 5268
      Automake::scan_autoconf_traces("configure.ac") called at
/usr/bin/automake line 5527
      Automake::scan_autoconf_files() called at /usr/bin/automake line 8355
```

[As you can also see in my CI log:
https://github.com/pmem/pmemkv/runs/1477402876?check_suite_focus=true#step:4:1997
]

Steps to reproduce was as follows:
```
git clone https://github.com/pmem/valgrind.git  (but tested also with
non-forked, original repo: git clone git://sourceware.org/git/valgrind.git)
cd valgrind
./autogen.sh
```
[this is a test step of my CI:
https://github.com/pmem/pmemkv/blob/master/utils/docker/images/install-valgrind.sh#L31
)

Environment:
Fedora rawhide
autoconf           noarch  2.69-34.fc33
automake         noarch  1.16.2-3.fc34