Subject: Re: [bug#44990] [PATCH] gnu: electrum: Update to 4.0.5.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 18:43:42 +0100

Hi!

dftxbs3e <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Third time.. sorry.
>
> My biggest submission so far, please review carefully I can still count
> my submissions with my hand.
>
> Please strip the first mail from the mbox when using git-am. Because
> debbugs wont allow git-send-email to work without creating one bug per
> patch I am sending the first email with my regular email client to
> obtain the dedicated address and then using git-send-email.

Yeah, the (annoying) trick is to send the cover letter, get the number,
and then send the actual series:

  https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html

Overall the series LGTM.  A couple of comments:

  1. Could you please improve synopses and suggestions a bit, according
     to the guidelines at
     <https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html>,
     and wrap lines to 80 chars?  Don’t lose your hair on it but at
     least make sure to have full sentences in descriptions and so on.

  2. The last patch moves a large chunks of eletrum ‘inputs’ to
     ‘propagated-inputs’.  If you are sure this is justified, please add
     a comment right above the ‘propagated-inputs’ field explaining
     why.  However, it may not be a good idea to propagate that much as
     it “pollutes” the profile of users who install ‘electrum’, can lead
     to collisions, etc.

Could you send a v2?

Thanks!

Ludo’.