Subject: bug#44981: 28.0.50; Restore nnimap-split-download-body?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 11:28:16 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> This looks unintentional, and I'd like to apply the attached diff,
> restoring `nnimap-split-download-body' as a user option, and getting rid
> of the default variable, which seems unnecessary. If this seems okay
> I'll do up a proper commit, and make sure the documentation is all
> accurate.

I think it's unintentional, yes, so that sounds like a good plan.  You
can't get rid of the variable, though (there'll be external packages
relying on it), but you can make it obsolete.

> The same user who reported this also expressed a desire to be able to
> download message bodies conditionally, based on the headers, only if
> a split rule required it. I'm not at all sure about the feasibility of
> that, but wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion.

I don't see any way to do that without making splitting unbearably slow.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no