Subject: Re: bug#44981: 28.0.50; Restore nnimap-split-download-body?

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 11:48:55 -0800

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I'm not sure why spam.el would need to work on the default value of
>> `nnimap-split-download-body'. If spam.el determines that widening is
>> needed, it's going to download message bodies across the board anyway.
>> The only reason to preserve the user's own customization would be if the
>> user later unloaded spam.el -- then it should restore the previous
>> value. But how often would that actually be useful?
>>
>> In principle, TRT would be to have spam.el let-bind a variable around
>> the splitting process. But I don't think the code is set up that way:
>> all the spam.el stuff happens "inside" the splitting process, not around
>> it.
>
> How about the attached kludgy but conservative dance?

It seems like a lot of work for something no one's likely to even
notice! But since you've already done the work I wouldn't object :)