Subject: [bug#44954] [PATCH] Add hledger-web and dependencies.

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 15:06:59 -0500

Hello,

paul <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This is probably not your fault!  On older versions of Guix, using the
>> “stackage” importer would yield packages for the most recent version of
>> LTS Haskell.  This was fixed about a month ago.
>>
>> Now the importer will pick the correct versions, and running “guix lint”
>> on your packages will flag any Haskell version problems.
>>
>> Would you be willing to fix the versions and send an updated patch
>> series?
> I apologize for this inconvenient, this is definitely my fault since I
> imported the packages with
>
> guix import hackage -r hledger-web
>
> I'm not an expert in Haskell so I didn't know about the difference
> between Hackage and Stackage and it's repercussions on Guix packaging.

It’s not a big deal at all and an easy mistake to make.  No worries!

> I'm sending an updated patch series to fix the versions.

Great, but you might want to look at <https://bugs.gnu.org/45000>.
Someone else is working on getting the “webapp” component of git-annex
to work, and it uses a few of the same dependencies as hledger-web.
It’s not hard on my end to merge the patch sets, but you could possibly
coordinate to avoid duplicate work.  I’ve CC’ed Jonathan (the other
submitter) on this message.

> Thank you for your time,

Thanks for the patches!  :)

-- Tim