Subject: Re: [bug#44954] [PATCH] Add hledger-web and dependencies.

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 10:59:55 -0500

Hi Giacomo,

paul <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm sending a patch series to add hledger-web, its dependencies and to
> update hledger, ghc-hledger-lib and ghc-doctest.

Thanks for the patches!

Currently, we are using GHC 8.6.5 as our main Haskell compiler, and then
following the Stackage LTS Haskell 14.27 package set
<https://www.stackage.org/lts-14.27> for package versions.

Based on that, ghc-doctest, ghc-yesod-test, ghc-wai-app-static,
ghc-yesod-static, ghc-hledger-lib, hledger, and hledger-web are too
recent.  Also, strangely, ghc-yesod-core is too old.

This is probably not your fault!  On older versions of Guix, using the
“stackage” importer would yield packages for the most recent version of
LTS Haskell.  This was fixed about a month ago.

Now the importer will pick the correct versions, and running “guix lint”
on your packages will flag any Haskell version problems.

Would you be willing to fix the versions and send an updated patch
series?

-- Tim