Subject: bug#44933: 27.1; Ephemeral frame selection shrinks minibuffer

From: Sean Devlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 13:24:24 -0500

Hi Martin,

Thanks for all the helpful info!

> On Dec 2, 2020, at 2:52 AM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > I forgot to say that _all_ normal mini window resizing goes through
> > 'window--resize-root-window-vertically' in window.el.  So it will
> > probably suffice to instrument just that function (in an already running
> > Emacs only, else you have to rebuild because window.el is preloaded) and
> > don't have to tinker with C code at all.
> 
> Imprecise again: The above covers only the automatic resizing triggered
> by redisplay (which is what we are interested in).  Manual resizing the
> minibuffer window is done in 'window--resize-mini-window' (also in
> window.el) so if such manual resizing may happen in between you have to
> instrument that as well.

I see, I’ll take a look at these functions. Thanks!

> martin