Subject: Re: [bug#44920] [PATCH]: Add fcitx5.

From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 16:30:22 +0800

Hello, thanks for the patches!

Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> This is a series of patches, add fcitx5 and its build dependecies.
>>> a qt5 and gtk2/3 plugin, chinese inputmethod addon and a material theme
>>>
>>> From cbe128e488078b3af8f7d1bdb4bf9dc9f12a2f0b Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>>> From: Zhu Zihao <[email-masked]>
>>> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 13:16:50 +0800
>>> Subject: [PATCH 1/9] gnu: Add xcb-imdkit.
>>>
>>> * gnu/packages/fcitx5.scm: New file.
>>> (xcb-imdkit): New variable.
>>
>> These packages should be put into gnu/packages/fcitx.scm.
>
> Why? It currently only used by fcitx5.

I’d like to put fcitx5 things into “fcitx.scm” too, as the author and
the github organization dosen’t changed for fcitx5, likewise we also
have both qt4 and qt5 in qt.scm and gtk2 and gtk3 in gtk.scm.

> [0001-gnu-Add-xcb-imdkit.patch]
This patch import guix modules that only needed later by ‘fcitx’, should
clean it up…

Otherwise look good to me!

Also I see fcitx5 got a new release recently (eg: xcb-imdkit -> 1.0.1,
fcitx5 -> 5.0.3), could you update this patches series for ‘fcitx.scm’
and the latest release?

Thank you!