Subject: quix installation bugs

From: Gavaskar Kanagaraj <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 10:57:42 +0000

hello,

I found bugs,

Installation options using iso: Does not boot using dual boot or standalone boot. stucks with automatic reboot. I tried in 3 different computers using 2 different pendrives.

installation options using vmware:

The installer has encountered an unexpected problem. The backtrace is displayed
below.

In ./gnu/installer/newt/partition.scm
766:33 19 (run-partitioning-page

In ./gnu/installer/parted.scm
894:17 18 (auto-partition! #f #:scheme _)

In parted/structs.scm:
639:23 17 (disk-device #f)

In ice-9/boot-9.scm:

1669:16 16 (raise-exception _ #:continuable?

1667:16 15 (raise-exception continuable?

1667:16 14 (raise-exception _ #:continuable?

1667:16 13 (raise-exception _ #:continuable?

1667:16 12 (raise-exception continuable?

1667:16 11 (raise-exception continuable?

1667:16 10 (raise-exception _ #:continuable?

1667:16 9 (raise-exception _ #:continuable?

1667:16 8 (raise-exception _ #:continuable?

1667:16 7 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _

1764:13 6 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&assertion-failure> #<6origin
origin: "struct-vtable"> #<&message message: "Wrong type argument in position 1
(expecting struct): ~S"> #<@irrit.>
In ice-9/eval.scm:

619:8 5 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7fce091d9f00> #<<installer> name
newt init: #<procedure init ()> exit: #<procedure exit ()> exit-error: #<procedure
exit-error (file key args)> f..>) .))

619:8 4 (_ #(#(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7fce091d9f00> #<<installer> name
newt init: #<procedure init ()> exit: #<procedure exit ()> exit-error: #<procedure
exit-error (file key arg..>) ..) #))

In ice-9/ports.scm:

installation using binary, only binary installation over Linux works, but guix pull does work and also could not able to re configure and not able to proceed further for writing scripts.

thanks,

regards,
Gavaskar kanagaraj