Subject: bug#44895: Add Info-copy-permalink

From: Tomas Nordin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 21:19:12 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Are we talking only about "sharing" stuff in manuals related to Emacs?
> What about any other Info manual?  And what about manuals that don't
> have a Web site?
>
> IOW, this proposed feature needs more detailed specification, IMO.

A specification could be that where

w runs the command Info-copy-current-node-name

W ? would run something like Info-copy-current-node-url, with a
documentation explaining that if an online equivalent can be
established, a link to it is put into the kill ring. Else a friendly
message is given explaining that an online equivalent could not be
derived.

As a next step some sort of convention could be established for Info
manuals to declare its prefix online URL or something.

--
Tomas