Subject: Re: bug#44893: `guix deploy` doesn't recognize option --dry-run

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 15:24:19 +0100

Hi,

We can make this change:

diff --git a/guix/scripts/deploy.scm b/guix/scripts/deploy.scm
index 0725fba54b..d9371b3d4a 100644
--- a/guix/scripts/deploy.scm
+++ b/guix/scripts/deploy.scm
@@ -165,7 +165,9 @@ Perform the deployment specified by FILE.\n"))
           (with-build-handler (build-notifier #:use-substitutes?
                                               (assoc-ref opts 'substitutes?)
                                               #:verbosity
-                                              (assoc-ref opts 'verbosity))
+                                              (assoc-ref opts 'verbosity)
+                                              #:dry-run?
+                                              (assoc-ref opts 'dry-run?))
             (parameterize ((%graft? (assq-ref opts 'graft?)))
               (map/accumulate-builds store
                                      (cut deploy-machine* store <>)

It may not be the kind of “dry run” that users have in mind for ‘guix
deploy’, as you note zimoun, but that’s probably better than nothing.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.