Subject: Re: [bug#44882] Dependencies issues

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 02:17:27 +0100

Hi Tomás,

On Sat, 28 Nov 2020
09:53:20 +0100 Tomás Ortín Fernández via Guix-patches via
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have realized this patch isn't correct. I hadn't tested it on a
> clean environment before. Solargraph requires Rubocop 0.52 (!). In
> fact, the current version of Solargraph doesn't currently work,
> either: there are version issues with Rubocop and with ruby-thor.

Can you explain what you mean by that? What problems do you see?

When I look at the Gem's page at

https://rubygems.org/gems/solargraph/versions/0.40.0

I see that Solargraph needs rubocop >= 0.52 (NOT specific to 0.52). For
thor, it needs ~>1.0. As we have 1.0.1, that should be fine.

I tried to build the 0.40.0 version of Solargraph (had to add the
kramdown-parser-gfm and kramdown-parser dependencies) and at least I
was able to start it with the command:

solargraph socket

I'm not using an editor/IDE that makes use of Solargraph, so I don't
see any problems here. Do you see more?

@Leo: I'm fine with your updated patches, except with this question and
that there are newer versions of ruby-benchmark and ruby-solargraph.

Thanks,

Björn