Subject: bug#44881: glib build fail for armhf

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:08:31 +0100

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The glib build is broken on armhf due to a timeout in the test suite,
> see:
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/m6rd864j30khc6k60gr2wqr1pz40f1di-glib-2.62.6-bin.
>
> It looks like it's also broken on the 1.2.0 branch.

Yeah.  We were discussing it with Chris Baines on IRC.  My hypothesis is
that those tests time out on low-end ARMv7 devices (like
guix-x15.sjd.se).

Previously, we were building them on the more powerful OverDrives
probably, and indeed, the tests pass there.  Berlin now has a substiute
for this one built on an OverDrive.

> This prevents the evaluation of the guix-modular specification, see:
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/19035/log/raw. I disabled the armhf-linux
> system for that specification until this is understood.

I think we can re-enable it now?

Thanks,
Ludo’.