Subject: Re: bug#62140: enable LVM in Grub

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 08:24:30 -0400

Hi,

Emmanuel Beffara <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> De Maxim Cournoyer le 23/03/2023 à 13:48:
>> It seems to me that since we produce grub.cfg ourselves if there's something
>> to add there for LVM support (which I'm not sure there is -- apparently it
>> already works for you ?), it should be explicitly coded in (gnu bootloader
>> grub).
>
> It does not work for me, that is why I reported this! The system does not boot
> unless I manually add `insmod lvm` in `grub.cfg` because Grub does not find
> the partition that contains the store.
>
> So I agree something has to be done there.

OK, thanks for explaining.  Could you please try
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/60442 (by applying the patch to a local guix
checkout, building it, then 'sudo -E ./pre-inst-env sudo guix system
reconfigure /path/to/your/config.scm)?  The test suite was broken it
seems (it passed without the fix), but perhaps the fix still does work?

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim