Subject: Re: bug#44872: Installer crash: 'uuid->string' is passed #f in lieu of a UUID

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 17:57:38 +0200

Hey David,

> Take a look at these logs from a `guix repl' session (sorry for the
> image, couldn't copy text from that machine):
>
> https://0x0.st/-_no.jpg

Thanks for the very valuable information here! I managed to reproduce a
very similar crash in Qemu by simulating your hard drive layout:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
mathieu@meije ~$ fdisk -l guix-system.img 
Disk guix-system.img: 10 GiB, 10737418240 bytes, 20971520 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: gpt
Disk identifier: 7477884D-53F7-484F-BE53-D09EFE1DA63F

Device              Start      End  Sectors  Size Type
guix-system.img1     2048   534527   532480  260M EFI System
guix-system.img2   534528   567295    32768   16M Microsoft reserved
guix-system.img3   567296 11053055 10485760    5G Microsoft basic data
guix-system.img4 11053056 13150207  2097152    1G Windows recovery environment
guix-system.img5 13150208 15247359  2097152    1G Linux filesystem
guix-system.img6 15247360 20971486  5724127  2.7G Linux filesystem
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I'm using manual partitioning with the first partition mounted as the
ESP partition and the sixth partition as the root directory.

The backtrace and the messages log file are attached. I'll try to find
some spare time to understand what's going on.

Thanks,

Mathieu