Subject: bug#44872: Installer crash: 'uuid->string' is passed #f in lieu of a UUID

From: David Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 16:08:03 -0700

Hi Guix!

I also just hit this issue while using the graphical installer on a
machine that previously had Guix installed on it via the shell-driven
manual installation flow.  I'm working on a video to show how to install
Guix using the graphical installer so it's a big blocker for me hit this
seemingly impassable error.

Is there any other workaround you can think of that might help the code
resolve the UUID of the partition correctly?  I'm not sure how these
things are supposed to work but I'm happy to try any ideas you may have!
I'd also be happy to make any speculative tweaks to the source that you
recommend.

On my side, I've tried deleting and recreating the target partition a
few times using both the graphical installer and `cfdisk', nothing seems
to help.

Let me know what I can do to help diagnose and fix this issue!

Thanks,

David