Subject: Re: bug#44851: 28.0.50; Gnus issue searching mail.misc group using notmuch nnir backend

From: Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 00:43:42 -0400

On Tue, 2020-11-24 at 11:28, Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I see that the notmuch nnir backend has been updated so that by default
>> only the group under point is searched.  This is a nice fix, however
>> there is a problem searching the mail.misc group.  It always returns no
>> results.  I believe the problem is related to how this group is stored
>> on disk.  The filesystem directory is not mail.misc, but mail/misc.

> Hi there,

> A fix for this is already in, though it looks like after the revision
> you're currently running. If you pull and build again it should (I hope)
> work correctly.

> Thanks,
> Eric

Hi Eric,

Sorry, I should have tried a more recent commit.  I can confirm that
searching does now work after building from the latest master branch
commit (30c4377) from today.

Thank you,

Joe