Subject: Re: bug#44834: Fix for failing indentation of Tcl procs nested in namespace

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 08:39:12 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Why remove the note about not counting deleted lines?

Because it is logically not necessary.

  >   I agree that in
  > principle "new or modified" covers that, but how many readers will
  > immediately understand that "modified" doesn't include "deleted"?

The idea is to count lines in the new version which are added or
modified.  If that is clear, you will see that it doesn't count
anything from the old versin.

If that is not clear, we do need to clarify it.  But real
clarification calls for more than "deleted lines don't count".  It's,
"Don't count _anything_ from the old code; count only the added and
modified lines in the _patched_ code."

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)