Subject: bug#44834: Fix for failing indentation of Tcl procs nested in namespace

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 00:48:49 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > The idea is to count lines in the new version which are added or
  > > modified.  If that is clear, you will see that it doesn't count
  > > anything from the old versin.

  > The problem is that most modern comparison tools show diffs where
  > there are no "changed" lines (the "!" mark of "diff -c"), they only
  > show "-" and "+", i.e. as if the edit distance is a sequence of just 2
  > operations: delete and add.

That seems inconvenient, in general.  Why do they do that?

But it doesn't matter at all for this one purpose.

                                 So "changed" doesn't have a clear and
  > immediate interpretation in terms of the presentation in diffs.

When you're counting the added or changed lines, it should not matter
whether the tool distinguishs added lines from changed lines.
If it labels them all with +, you can still count them.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)