Subject: Re: bug#44833: 27.1; Org org-docview-open (wrong-number-of-arguments (2 . 2) 1)

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 00:38:58 -0500

Michael 1 writes:

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-number-of-arguments (2 . 2) 1)
>   org-docview-open("file.odt::1")
>   org-link-open((link (:type "docview" :path "file.odt::1" :format bracket :raw-link "docview:file.odt::1" :application nil :search-option nil :begin 364 :end 453 :contents-begin 415 :contents-end 451 :post-blank 0 :parent (paragraph (:begin 364 :end 454 :contents-begin 364 :contents-end 454 :post-blank 0 :post-affiliated 364 :parent nil)))) nil)
>   org-open-at-point(nil)
>   funcall-interactively(org-open-at-point nil)
>   call-interactively(org-open-at-point nil nil)
[...]
> Can you reproduce the error?
> Is there any way to fix this behavior?

I'm sorry you didn't get a response at the time, but it seems unlikely
that you still have this issue because, as of Org's afd3b04ec (ol:
Extend open tooling in link parameters, 2020-02-19), org-link-open
handles the above error:

    ;; Function defined in `:follow' parameter may use a single
    ;; argument, as it was mandatory before Org 9.4.  This is
    ;; deprecated, but support it for now.
    (condition-case nil
        (funcall (org-link-get-parameter type :follow) path arg)
      (wrong-number-of-arguments
       (funcall (org-link-get-parameter type :follow) path)))

And that change made its way into the Emacs repo with f22856a5c54
(Update to Org 9.4.1, 2020-12-13), which was a part of the 27.2 release.

Can you confirm that the issue is resolved for you?