Subject: Re: bug#44818: 27.0.91; wedged

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 00:29:04 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > I wonder if it is possible to detect that a single line has taken too
  > > long, and set a flag to truncate long lines in that buffer.
  > > Perhaps set truncate-lines.

  > That could be too drastic: Emacs becomes painfully slow long after the
  > number of characters exceeds 80 or 130 or 250 or any other reasonable
  > line width.  So setting truncate-lines would hide too much from the
  > view.

Sorry, I am don't follow you.  What exactly is the problem?  What action
do you recommend, or discourage?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)