Subject: [bug#44800] [PATCH v2 0/3] publish: Add Avahi support.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 17:54:30 +0100

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here's a v2 that now provides a complete chain. "guix publish" services that
> are started with "--enable-avahi" will be discovered by the "guix-daemon" when
> the "--use-local-publish" option is passed.
>
> A new "guix discover" script is used to discover publish services in the
> background. I have tested this setup by starting a guix-publish server in a
> VM.
>
> As suggested here:
> https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2017/reproducible-builds-a-status-update/ the local
> publish servers are prefixed to the substitute-url list, so that the daemon
> will try to use substitute from the local network first, before falling back
> to the CI build farm.

As discussed on IRC, this is very cool stuff!

Some comments follow.