Subject: Re: [bug#44800] [PATCH 0/2] publish: Add Avahi support.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 14:35:14 +0100

Hey zimoun,

> Is this part of your new design?

Somehow because it allows the machines on a local network to share
substitutes between each other transparently.

It not strictly needed however because the offloading workers directly
add the offloading server to their substitute list in the design I'm
proposing.

> What happen if the option is passed but the servers are not reliable
> (the connection is unstable)?

The build fails with the following message:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix substitute: error: connect: No route to host
substitution of /gnu/store/pbaihd2k2dbv02s7aq3aybk29r00lg9h-abduco-0.6 failed
guix build: error: some substitutes for the outputs of derivation `/gnu/store/xnfyilqfhk05rgxbq7hmx81d65bsnprh-abduco-0.6.drv' failed (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build derivation from source 
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks,

Mathieu