Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/22] Update sequoia to 0.20.0 - version 2

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 09:52:28 +0000

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> Am 28.11.20 um 14:26 schrieb Christopher Baines:
>> It won't. However, if two commits change the same place in a file, Git
>> can't always work out what to do. For example, two packages get added in
>> roughly the same spot.
>
> I still don't get your point. Merge conflicts are business as usual
> and I will of course handle them when applying the patches.

My point was nothing more than there will be merge conflicts when
merging these patches.

I was looking at the data in the patch testing setup I'm working on,
which had some trouble processing the patches:

  https://patchwork.cbaines.net/project/guix-patches/list/?series=5851

> Do you want me to send a new patch-set?

Only if you want to, I think there OK as it stands.

The only other thing I noticed when looking through them is that the
indentation is off, judging by the number of changes when running
./etc/indent-code.el gnu/packages/crates-io.sqcm this isn't something
limited to these patches, although it would be nice to fix the
indentation for these changes before merging.

Chris