Subject: Python and Gajim-OMEMO

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 13:55:59 -0500

Hello Guix!

It appears that our python is incorrectly compiled or compiled with 
missing component. Due to this, OMEMO plugin in gajim does not work.

Here is the output for `gajim -l gajim.p.omemo=DEBUG`:

*** START ***
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File 
"/gnu/store/5h0xfqysfddzc4283wcyr0j8jj2zaz9c-gajim-1.2.2/bin/..gajim-real-real", 
line 4, in <module>
     import re
   File 
"/gnu/store/09a5iq080g9b641jyl363dr5jkkvnhcn-python-3.8.2/lib/python3.8/re.py", 
line 143, in <module>
     class RegexFlag(enum.IntFlag):
AttributeError: module 'enum' has no attribute 'IntFlag'
*** END ***

Also, I am flagging this issue as 'important' as it affects 
security/privacy of messaging in gajim application.

Regards,
RG.