Subject: bug#44782: Python and Gajim-OMEMO

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 13:20:12 -0500

Hi Maxim!

> Actually, I can't seem to reproduce, using:
> 
> guix environment --pure --ad-hoc gajim gajim-omemo -- gajim -l
> gajim.p.omemo=DEBUG
> 
> Then I tried signing up with some random account, enabled the plugin and
> I could see:
> 
> 12/28/20 23:28:16 (I) gajim.p.omemo              ($some-server) Generating OMEMO keys
> 12/28/20 23:28:21 (I) gajim.p.omemo              ($some-server) Our device id: 1816266738
> 12/28/20 23:28:21 (I) gajim.p.omemo              ($some-server) 100 PreKeys available
> 
> It seems like you may have 'pip3 install enum34' or have other things in
> your environment that cause the issue?
> 
> If you can't reproduce in a clean environment, let's close it.

Oh, I sent an email to debbugs-control long ago to close this bug. It 
seems like the email didn't go through. I'll retry.

After discussing with cbaines in IRC, the issue was resolved. It was 
python2-enum in the environment that was messing with python-enum.

Regards,
RG.