Subject: Re: [bug#44775] [PATCH] WIP: Add gccemacs

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 12:26:19 -0500

Hi John,

(And hi Andrew. We're discussing including your code into the main Guix
repository. You can view the full conversation here:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/44775)

The code I linked to is already licensed under GPLv3+ meaning that you
are free to integrate their code into the Guix code-base (Going to put
here that I'm not a lawyer and that this is not legal advice and might
not even be correct). You should indeed put a little copyright line for
Andrew in the code. The exact copyright line you should use seems to be
this (pulled from their git repo):

;;; Copyright © 2020 Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]>

You can do all this without contacting the author, but hopefully Andrew
responds to us with lots of love.

Thanks,

Morgan

On 12/11/20 3:40 PM, John Soo wrote:
> Hi Morgan,
> 
> Thank you! I will take a look. If I end up using some of their code,
> should I consult them about it and see if they want a copyright line?
> How is that supposed to work?
> 
> Thank you again,
> 
> John
>