Subject: bug#44729: 27.1; Updating imagemagick via homebrew breaks emacs with imagemagick support

From: Jaydon Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 22:18:03 +0000

With imagemagick support, emacs will try to find
libMagickWand-7.Q16HDRI.7.dylib and libMagickCore-7.Q16HDRI.7.dylib at
startup, however a recent imagemagick upgrade on Homebrew changed these to *.8.dylib
instead. Symlinking them fixes this issue however if you brew upgrade it
removes the symlinks again. Because of this emacs doesn't start because
it can't find the shared objects.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0, NS appkit-1894.50 Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101))
of 2020-08-28 built on d12frosted.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.0.1

Recent messages:
Doom loaded 194 packages across 40 modules in 1.077s

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@27/27.1/share/info/emacs<mailto:--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@27/27.1/share/info/emacs>
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@27/27.1<mailto:--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@27/27.1> --with-xml2 --with-gnutls
--without-dbus --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_AU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: DOOM v2.0.9

Minor modes in effect:
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  hl-line-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  global-emojify-mode: t
  emojify-mode: t
  global-undo-fu-session-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-mode: t
  undo-fu-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  better-jumper-mode: t
  better-jumper-local-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  evil-goggles-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-mode: t
  evil-snipe-mode: t
  evil-snipe-override-local-mode: t
  evil-snipe-local-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  solaire-global-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  ns-auto-titlebar-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  +popup-mode: t
  general-override-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-27.1/elcord/elcord hides /Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/elpa/elcord-20200611.2314/elcord
/Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-27.1/elcord/elcord-autoloads hides /Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/elpa/elcord-20200611.2314/elcord-autoloads
/Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-27.1/dash/dash hides /Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/elpa/dash-20200803.1520/dash
/Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-27.1/cmake-mode/cmake-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/Users/jaydon/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-27.1/faceup/faceup hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@27/27.1/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup<mailto:/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@27/27.1/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/faceup>

Features:
(shadow sort disp-table whitespace flycheck-popup-tip
evil-collection-popup popup vi-tilde-fringe display-line-numbers hl-line
winner paren ws-butler emojify evil-collection-apropos apropos
evil-collection-tar-mode tar-mode evil-collection-arc-mode arc-mode
archive-mode ht undo-fu-session undo-fu evil-collection-flycheck
flycheck mail-extr smartparens-config smartparens-text smartparens
emacsbug sendmail cursor-sensor amx gcmh evil-collection-which-key
which-key better-jumper company-capf company evil-collection-ivy
ivy-rich counsel xdg ivy-xref evil-collection-xref xref project swiper
ivy delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color evil-goggles pulse
evil-easymotion evil-escape evil-snipe org-capture org-agenda org-refile
evil-magit evil-collection-magit-todos magit-todos pcre2el rxt
re-builder hl-todo evil-collection-grep grep evil-collection-compile
compile orgit smartparens-org org-yt org-element avl-tree generator org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
evil-collection-outline noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
find-func evil-collection-calendar cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
github-review ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub url-http url-gw nsm
url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap let-alist gnutls deferred a
evil-collection-magit magit-autoloads magit-submodule magit-obsolete
magit-popup magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push
magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func
evil-collection-imenu imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff
evil-collection-diff-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode lv core-packages
package browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source json map url-vars
git-commit transient magit-git magit-section eieio eieio-core
eieio-loaddefs magit-utils crm evil-collection-log-edit log-edit message
rmc puny evil-collection-dired dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec password-cache evil-collection-epa epa epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async doom-snippets
doom-snippets-lib yasnippet evil-collection-elisp-mode
evil-collection-help evil-collection-custom cus-edit cus-start cus-load
evil-collection-comint evil-collection annalist elisp-mode savehist
recentf tree-widget wid-edit face-remap server autorevert filenotify
doom-themes-ext-org solaire-mode doom-spacegrey-theme doom-themes
doom-themes-base dtrt-indent doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path f s all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize dash persp-mode
ns-auto-titlebar evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands reveal
flyspell ispell evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states
evil-core advice evil-common windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs
evil-vars ring derived core-editor core-projects core-ui edmacro kmacro
easy-mmode core-keybinds pp general cl-extra help-mode easymenu seq
byte-opt cl-seq use-package-core bytecomp byte-compile cconv
core-modules rx core core-lib pcase cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib subr-x
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 552797 617036)
(symbols 48 39872 12)
(strings 32 171437 33039)
(string-bytes 1 4364529)
(vectors 16 86812)
(vector-slots 8 2679624 136312)
(floats 8 947 1588)
(intervals 56 1193 182)
(buffers 1000 14))