Subject: Re: bug#44725: ocaml-cairo2 package fails to build

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 23:09:15 +0100

Hi Brett,

Thank you for the fix.

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 at 13:28, Brett Gilio <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> [0]
>> https://github.com/kit-ty-kate/opam-repository/commit/4db9f97d242fbfd3b3100128797a4f941f66a32d
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/issues/9360

This commit message of 34ba163718513f8962e14e325a109110a83bdf1c reads:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
* gnu/packages/ocaml.scm (ocaml-cairo2): Amend comment about tests.

Related to issue #44725.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Usually, the standards instead of “Related to issue #44725” is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Fixes <https://bugs.gnu.org/44725>.
Reported by Evan Straw <[email-masked]>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The “Fixes” could be replaced by “This fixes” or “Related to” or any
other relevant message.  The important part is “https://bugs.gnu.org”
which is really helpful for grepping the history: walking back to find
why something or processing some stats when releasing.  (Since the bug
tracker is not really connected to the commit tree.)

All the best,
simon