Subject: Latest binary tarball & Hurd qcow2 image unavailable (502)

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 17:39:53 +0100

Guix,

The binary tarball and Hurd qcow2 links on 
<http://guix.gnu.org/en/download/latest/>, which resolve to 
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/download/1385> and 
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/download/1450> respectively, return 502.

Here's why:

  2020-11-18T17:31:24 GET /download/1450
  Uncaught exception in fiber ##f:
  In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    1669:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  ice-9/boot-9.scm:1669:16: In procedure raise-exception:
  In procedure open-file: No such file or directory:
  "/gnu/store/vd5y7hmvgqc1hwmqyiwqa171r0iz1wib-hurd-barebones.qcow2"

The file really is gone.  It seems that Cuirass is no longer 
creating sufficient GC roots.  I vaguely remember some changes to 
image GC'ing being discussed but not what (if anything) changed.

Thanks to zimoun for pointing out the broken links.

Kind regards,

T G-R