Subject: [bug#44722] [PATCH] gnu: web: add uriparser

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 23:19:17 +0100

Hello Lane,

lspangler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 1141a871635f048147faf022a9b649d6f8553080 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Lane Spangler <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:50:06 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: web: add uriparser
>
> ---
> gnu/packages/web.scm | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> 1 file changed, 28 insertions(+)

It looks like the patch was mangled on the way.  Could you send it
as an attachment or using ‘git send-email’?

Some minor issues below:

> +(define-public uriparser
> +  (let [(commit "9e1fba08c231f1990fdee13545ab3a0ac804bd3c")
> +        (revision "1")]

Normally we pick upstream releases.  If there’s a good reason to pick
this commit rather than the latest release, could you please add a
comment above it explaining why?

Nitpick: Please use only regular parentheses, for consistency.

> +      (synopsis "Strictly RFC 3986 compliant URI parsing and handling
> + library written in C89")

What about making it shorter: “RFC 3986 compliant URI parsing and
handling library”?

> +      (description "uriparser is a strictly RFC 3986 compliant URI
> + parsing and handling library written in C89 (\"ANSI C\").
> +uriparser is cross-platform, fast, and supports Unicode")

I think you can omit “cross-platform” since that’s not relevant from a
Guix user standpoint.  Please add a period at the end of the sentence.

Could you send an updated patch?

Thanks!

Ludo’.