Subject: Background Colour on State, bleeds into Headline Numbering

From: Christopher Dimech <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:37:45 +0100

I have set headline numbering and added org-todo-keywords
with background highlighting using org-todo-keyword-faces.

;; Number Headlines
(setq org-startup-numerated t)

;; Sets Todo Keywords and Colour

(setq org-todo-keywords
   '( (seqeunce "TODO" "STARTED" "WAITING" "FINALISE" "|" "DONE")
      (sequence "CRITICAL" "CR-STARTED" "CR-WAITING" "CR-FINALISE"
                "|" "CR-DONE")  ))

(setq org-todo-keyword-faces
   '( ("TODO" . (:background "black" :foreground "red" :weight bold))
      ("STARTED" . (:background "black" :foreground "magenta" :weight bold))
      ("WAITING" . (:background "magenta" :foreground "black" :weight bold))
      ("FINALISE" . (:background "magenta" :foreground "black" :weight bold))
      ("DONE" . (:background "orange" :foreground "black" :weight bold))
      ("CRITICAL" . (:background "blak" :foreground "red" :weight bold))
      ("CR-STARTED" . (:background "red" :foreground "black" :weight bold))
      ("CR-WAITING" . (:background "red" :foreground "black" :weight bold))
      ("CR-FINALISE" . (:background "red" :foreground "black" :weight bold))
      ("CR-DONE" . (:background "orange" :foreground "black" :weight bold)) ))

I then write a headline with a state

* 1 Test

** 1.1 [DONE] Task

The problem is that Emacs will use the background colour for DONE to set
the background colour for the Headline Numbering as well, not to the
state DONE only.

---------------------
Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy