Subject: bug#44696: closed (Re: bug#44696: https://issues.guix.gnu.org doesn't point to IRC logs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 20:51:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44696: https://issues.guix.gnu.org doesn't point to IRC logs

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44696: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44696
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44696: https://issues.guix.gnu.org doesn't point to IRC logs
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 21:50:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Yo

Maxime Devos 写道：
> The contents of logs.guix.gnu.org differs with the access method 
> used
> (HTTP / HTTPS). In case of HTTPS, Cuirass is displayed, and in 
> case of
> HTTP, the IRC logs are displayed. This is rather 
> counter-intuitive.

(Un)fortunately, your report spent so much time in limbo that it's 
obsolete: logs.guix is fully cyber-secure by now.

Thanks for taking the time to file a bug.  Let me know if you spot 
any more of these edge cases.

Closing,

T G-R (nckx)

Subject: https://issues.guix.gnu.org doesn't point to IRC logs
From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 20:41:33 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Guix,

The contents of logs.guix.gnu.org differs with the access method used
(HTTP / HTTPS). In case of HTTPS, Cuirass is displayed, and in case of
HTTP, the IRC logs are displayed. This is rather counter-intuitive.

Snippet of relevant #guix IRC logs:

(16:13:36) mdevos: https://logs.guix.gnu.org/ and 
https://logs.guix.info/ point to Cuirass. Is this a known issue?
(16:14:30) civodul: mdevos: not that i know of; could you email that to
[email-masked]?
(16:14:55) mdevos: civodul: will do
(16:15:33) civodul: thanks
(16:18:05) nckx: mdevos: Yes, there's no HTTPS support for
logs.guix.gnu.org so it hasn't really ‘mattered’ that there's a missing
server block.  It should of course be fixed, thanks for reporting it ☺
(16:18:21) nckx: I had to resort to curl -k to see what you mean.
(16:20:25) mdevos: I disabled ‘Encrypt All Sites Eligible’ in HTTPS
Everywhere, and now I can see the logs again
(16:20:45) mdevos: (when using http: URL)

Greetings,
Maxime