Subject: bug#44696: https://issues.guix.gnu.org doesn't point to IRC logs

From: Maxime Devos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 20:41:33 +0100

Dear Guix,

The contents of logs.guix.gnu.org differs with the access method used
(HTTP / HTTPS). In case of HTTPS, Cuirass is displayed, and in case of
HTTP, the IRC logs are displayed. This is rather counter-intuitive.

Snippet of relevant #guix IRC logs:

(16:13:36) mdevos: https://logs.guix.gnu.org/ and 
https://logs.guix.info/ point to Cuirass. Is this a known issue?
(16:14:30) civodul: mdevos: not that i know of; could you email that to
[email-masked]?
(16:14:55) mdevos: civodul: will do
(16:15:33) civodul: thanks
(16:18:05) nckx: mdevos: Yes, there's no HTTPS support for
logs.guix.gnu.org so it hasn't really ‘mattered’ that there's a missing
server block.  It should of course be fixed, thanks for reporting it ☺
(16:18:21) nckx: I had to resort to curl -k to see what you mean.
(16:20:25) mdevos: I disabled ‘Encrypt All Sites Eligible’ in HTTPS
Everywhere, and now I can see the logs again
(16:20:45) mdevos: (when using http: URL)

Greetings,
Maxime